Re: new mirror

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, bbennet wrote:

> Hello to the debian-cd folks.
> I am donating my co-location machine and my bandwidth to Debian as an
> official rsync cd-image mirror.
>
> I have never gotten any response from any one person at debian.org.
>
> I have sent email to phil@hands.com to get a password but no reply has
> appeared yet.
>
> I wish to set up an official cdimage rsync mirror.
> But I wish to know the exact, no-flame-able, 100% approved method
> for making this mirror.
>
> How do I do it?

We have a webpage which describes this, at
  http://cdimage.debian.org/ch4.html

If anything is unclear, please ask.

You can mirror from for example sunsite.org.uk (rsync
sunsite.org.uk::public/packages/debian-cd/), which mirrors daily from the
master server.

If your mirror is up'n'running, please tell me, then I can add it to the
mirrors list.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer