Re: Potato test installs

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Philip Charles wrote:

> For my (and other people's) information; is anyone doing potato test
> installs other than myself?

I just did one and need to repeat it from scratch to be sure of anything I
report. The CD set was made about 10 days ago so I'm going to make a new
set to try it again. I have 3 identical machines so I don't have to wipe
out what I have to do the next test. They all have these video cards with
S3 Trio chips that I can't get X to work with other than the vga16
xserver. I am going to put a genuine ATI card in the next one before I
install along with a 3-button mouse. I want to see how well the install
goes without hardware issues getting in the way. The machines are dual PII
asus mboard with embedded SCSI controller and 128 mb. The one I did is
running okay but I might have goofed a bit. I wanted to do a minimal
install and then a series of add/test packages. Somehow I wound up with a
lot more packages installed. This might be because I hit control-C in the
first dselect run. My plans are to try a minimal install and an fully
loaded one from scratch. After that I will try the same with slink
followed by potato upgrades.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +