RE: Potato test installs

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Terry Katz wrote:

> > I am building my own images as well.  The last attempt at an install was a
> > disaster - perl did not behave.
> >
> > Are you having the same problem?
>
> I had the same prob .. used the latest debian-cd package off of cvs, and
> after installing, debconf wouldn't run because it seemed parts of perl were
> missing .. I installed perl (apt-get install perl-5.005) and after that
> things went smoothly ..

Like you I an using debian-cd from cvs.  The disc trees build OK without
any serious problems, mainly mirror inconsistencies of no major
importance. But when I burnt a disc and attempted an install from scratch
the system fell over after the reboot.  The errors suggest that it was a
perl problem on the CD.

Are you having this problem?  Or is it just me?

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818