Re: debian-cd idiot test 2000 #1

Le Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 11:08:29AM +0000, Philip Charles écrivait:
> 1.  I looked at cds2src and could not work it out.
>
> Use of uninitialized value at
> /home/disc/Debian-cd/debian-cd-1/tools/cds2src line 137.

That's harmless, Sources.gz files are not perfect. Some fields are
missing for some source packages. It does nothing bad, the only
consequence may be that the concerned source package may be placed
somewhere else (the ordering algorithm is quite stupid, it does sort by
section and by name).

> These are definitely mirror problems.  The files are not there.  these are
> only a selection.

Yes.

> I think that this is part of the problem.  Taken from the debian-cd
> typescript.

I'm not sure that this is your problem. This log is shown juset before
using apt to correct those problem. The CD set should have all the useful
packages to install correctly.

You should certainly give more info on how dselect fell ...

> I have tried to find a log of the installation, but failed.  Is there any
> way of keeping a log of a new installation?  If not could this be

Not one that I know.

Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd
      Formations Linux et logiciels libres : http://www.logidee.com </pub>