RE: your mail

>Too bad: How complaisant, do you think that if I saw an install* file in
>this directory that I would not have read it ????????????????????????
>
>I'm 40 years old, in the late 70's I was installing mainframes, I've
>installed UNIX systems from SCO UNIX, to Sun UNIX, (Solaris) HP UX, AT&T
>3B2, Pyramid etc... etc...

I'm 42 years old, I've installed VMS, MVS/XA, AOS/VS, AT&T System V, MIIS,
HP/UX, Solaris, Ultrix, OSF/1, Slackware, RedHat, Debian, FreeBSD and OpenBSD.
I've used Debian since the 1.3 kernel. In the last 5 days I've installed
Debian, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD. As you know, each OS has its own "style" and
it does take a little bit of effort to learn dselect, but you will find
that it is one of the nicest methods of installation/upgrade you could
hope to find. It's certainly nicer than AT&T System 5 and Ultrix; less
tedious than VMS and MVS/XA; more powerful than Red Hat; friendlier than
OpenBSD (drops you into disklabel right off the bat); etc.

>Forget Debian, there are other distributions to try.

Try them all, but debian is a honey once you give it a chance. I used the
debian web page for the step by step, and I had to try it 2-3 times the first
time (Boy did I screw up XFree86 the first time) but that was only a long
afternoon.

>Regards,
>
>Jerry

Louis