Re: ISO Image????

Brandon Mitchell <bmitch@surfree.com> writes:

Hi Brandon,

> Another good place for this thread would be debian-testing, but I'll take
> 'em any way I can get them.

Well, while we're about it then, I installed from floppies recently
and I used the DHCP network setup in order to grab base via HTTP.

It was the same version with the azerty initiative test to see if you
are smart enough to be a Debian user. I think we should keep that in ;-)

After the first reboot, nothing had been done to ensure that DHCP
fired up a second time AFAICS.  Also, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't
bother to put selected network drivers into /etc/modules to ensure
that you have an operational NIC after bootup.  It's just possible
that it did do the DHCP setup, but failed to be useful because of the
missing NIC, but I don't think so.

Sorry about the vagueness, and I'm afraid I won't be able to examine
it more deeply until I get back from skiing in a weeks time.

Cheers, Phil.