Re: ISO Image????

Hello,

> Hi. This is just a heads up about the unofficial potato distribution at
> ftp.kando.hu. I downloaded, burned, and performed an installation from
Thank you for writing this letter.

> this distribution last week in my ongoing effort to dump red hat and run
> debian. As a result, I had two problems. First, even though I selected a
> US qwerty keyboard-type during the installation process, my keyboard map
> was completely wrong after my first reboot. Wrong enough to be unable to
This is a boot-disk fault I think.
One of my friends reported to me, that he has the same problems when
installed Debian from floppies.
It may be bugreported and we should wait for the boot-floppy developers
for fixing this error.

> login because I couldn't figure out what my password might be mapped
> to. Second, important parts of X don't seem to get installed, including
It is an "azerty" keyboard I heard, which has a layout similar to the US,
but q is a and w is z.
It is french layout, you can see one
at: http://k2.jozsef.kando.hu/~haka/clavier.jpg :)

> Xinit, XF86Setup, and xf86config. There might be more, but I didn't try to
> catalog them all. Just so you know, I tried both a simple installation and
> an advanced one, and the keyboard problem occurred with both.
I think it's the bootfloppy too. Others?

.---- mailto:bra@lists.kando.hu -----.-PGP:finger bra@k2.jozsef.kando.hu-.
|Attila Nagy - Systems Administrator@|ftp://ftp.kando.hu/pub/CDROM-Images|
|Technical College of Budapest       |Tel.: +36 1 210 1415/194           |