Re: ISO Image????

Hi. This is just a heads up about the unofficial potato distribution at
ftp.kando.hu. I downloaded, burned, and performed an installation from
this distribution last week in my ongoing effort to dump red hat and run
debian. As a result, I had two problems. First, even though I selected a
US qwerty keyboard-type during the installation process, my keyboard map
was completely wrong after my first reboot. Wrong enough to be unable to
login because I couldn't figure out what my password might be mapped
to. Second, important parts of X don't seem to get installed, including
Xinit, XF86Setup, and xf86config. There might be more, but I didn't try to
catalog them all. Just so you know, I tried both a simple installation and
an advanced one, and the keyboard problem occurred with both.

Anyway, I am eagerly waiting the official release of potato.

Jim