Re: debian-cd question

Le Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 03:57:18PM -0700, Glen W. Mabey écrivait:
> was getting the exact same errors as Mary is seeing.  To me it looked like
> the script couldn't find the packages listed in the Packages.gz in the
> debian/dists/potato/binary-i386 directory, so it was also searching in
> debian/dists/frozen/binary-i386, debian/dists/potato/binary-all, and so
> on.  As far as I could tell, the packages were actually there and the
> directory structure was good.

Well the problem was that some arch=all packages weren't in binary-all as
expected and debian-cd assumed they were there. Now I'm checking it before
assuming it. :) The problem was in tools/add_packages.

The problem is now fixed in CVS. The only error that I get is with trn which
is non-free but has a section field of "news" instead of "non-free/news".
I think it will be corrected by today's upload ...

<to debian-cd in general>
BTW, people, do you know how far we are wrt the non-i386 boot disks ? I'm
still using different code depending on the arch and i'd like to get rid
of that before uploading a good package to frozen...

> I also had to change one line in the Makefile in order to create the
> images. Starting at line 457:
>
> # Generates all the images
> images: bin-images src-images
> #bin-images: ok bin-md5list $(OUT)
> bin-images: ok bin-md5list
>
> Is this a bug or a misunderstanding on my part?

$OUT should be defined since it's where you'll put your images. So it must
be a misunderstanding of your part. The directory where you want to put
your images should exist and that's what i'm checking with this $(OUT) ...

> I ran out of ideas, so I just used the binary images without the packages
> that it couldn't find.  My only other lead was that maybe it was somehow
> do to the fact that I am using a symlink farm.

Have you already burned good CD with a symlink farm ?

Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CD Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>