Re: .list files for pseudo-image generation of potato

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Attila Nagy wrote:

> > AFAIK, there are currently no .list files available for potato images. On a
> If you are talking about the images of ftp.kando.hu, then my answer is:
> there ARE .list files. It is named as ls-lR and it is at / of the ftp
> server.

The .list files we are talking about describe what files are in a CD image,
and in what order. They can be made with the `pi-makelist' script in the
Pseudo-Image Kit (Linux only). Read the Kit's README's for more info.

> Our machine mounts all the available CDs, so you can browse them before
> downloading.
> See: ftp.kando.hu/pub/CDROM-Images-mounted...

That doesn't help very much for making the .list files, as the file ordering
on the CD (physically!) tends to be different than the directory listing (even
unsorted). That's why pi-makelist uses the (included) `isoinfo' program that
examines the "raw" .iso file.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer