re: Burning images with Nero

Hi, after searching just about every newsgroup out there (at least it seemed like it) and making a few coasters :) , I finally figured out how to burn an image with Nero. Nero's help files and web site do not help at all. Also, I'm using the latest version of Nero (4. ???) and a Creative CDRW 6-4-24x.
(Feel free to use/and/or/edit this in hopes someone will benefit in downloading your software.)

These are the steps that worked for me;

1. Start Nero
2. Select "Burn Image" from the "File" menu. (File selection window opens up).
3. Select "All Files" in the file selection window. (.iso extension is not a selection offered which is strange)
4. Browse to the iso file you want to burn and select it. A dialogue box opens up stating that a foreign image file type has been selected and the options will will have to be set. Press "OK".
5. The option box should open with the defaults exactly the way you want. eg; "Data Mode 1" , "Block Size 2048" "Raw Data, Scrambled, and Swapped NOT selected", and "Image Header and Image Trailer left at 0 (zero) . Click "OK"
6. In the "Write CD" box that opens up, I use the default options, eg; "Write" and "Determine maximum speed" plus I always check the "Finalize CD" option just to make sure it all fits. Also, it's probably a good idea just to leave the computer during the burn (just my opinion). That's it!

I have done a few and so far they have burned perfectly! It's great!! Hope this helps.

Greg