Re: potato-cd scripts: Necessary changes in CVS?

On Tue, 25 May 1999, jim westveer wrote:

> IMHO I think they should be NON-release specific.
> ie debian-cd1 .. debian-cd2 ... etc
> it may make it easier to use for the next release.

It would be nice if it were possible.  I fear that the changes between
releases would make this difficult though.  Packages are put on a disk
because of size limits and demand/importance.  New packages and spliting
packages are just two more variables.  If we try to guarantee that the
current debian-cd scripts support slink, potato, and whatever else comes
up, each script will get even more complicated for a smaller gain.

Sorry for the negative input,
Brandon

--------  Brandon Mitchell  ----  bmitch@surfree.com  --------------
------------  http://bmitch.dhis.org/  ----  ICQ: 30631197  --------