Re: potato_cd ?

On Tue, 11 May 1999, jim westveer wrote:

>I was playing around with slink_cd, and changed all
>references from slink to potato..... it does
>not actually work yet as potato is in such god-awful
>shape, but it does burp along.
>(http://master.debian.org/~jwest/potato_cd-0.0.tar.gz)

OK, I'll take a look.

>I am not really intending to push potato along, actually
>I think the glibc2.1 stuff sucks; but I was thinking
>that the volume of "potato" posts have risen, and I
>thought I would take a look at the cd script again.

You beat me to it...

>I was curious as to your thoughts on a potato_script,
>or if you had any ideas about changing slink_cd.
>I was considering hacking at it to change dists/slink
>to dists/$DIST or something to that effect.
>
>Obviously I have too much time on my hands.

*grin* Yes... I am slowly working out some of the reported bugs on
slink_cd, along with rewriting some of the core of it for better
flexibility. But things have stopped for now, as I'm currently doing late
nights and weekends with my Real Job to meet a deadline...

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there