Re: [NEWS] status of boot-flopppies

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Massimo Dal Zotto wrote:

> The cd-swapping can be avoided if we put the /var/state/apt/cdroms.list and
> the list files of the official cd's into the first cd and store the labels
> and hashes of all the cd in a config file. In this way the cd-swapping is
> required only if one really needs a package in the second or third cd.

Let me propose the following:
  We are not going to do such a thing for the official images on
  cdimage.debian.org (and its mirrors); people who want this have to do it
  themselves. For informative purposes, a description of this scheme might be
  added to the YACS documentation if such a description is posted on this list
  or (preferably) sent directly to the YACS maintainer.

Anyone disagree?

If not, this discussion ends here.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer