Re: Debian installer for Linuxcare rescue CD

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
> Seth David Schoen wrote:
> > Do I understand correctly that, if the user chooses appropriate options
> > for the installation media, the installer searches for resc1440.bin,
> > drv1440.bin, and base2_1.tgz in the mounted filesystem, and uses these
> > where (and as) it finds them?
>
> Yes. There's an option something like "install from local hard disk" that
> does that.

Joey, note that file naming has changed.   On i386 it's:

disks-1.44/
disks-1.44/base-10.bin
disks-1.44/base-2.bin
disks-1.44/base-3.bin
disks-1.44/base-4.bin
disks-1.44/base-5.bin
disks-1.44/base-6.bin
disks-1.44/base-7.bin
disks-1.44/base-8.bin
disks-1.44/base-9.bin
disks-1.44/driver-1.bin
disks-1.44/driver-2.bin
disks-1.44/driver-3.bin
disks-1.44/rescue-s.bin
disks-1.44/rescue.bin
disks-1.44/root.bin
disks-1.44/base-1.bin

disks-2.88/
disks-2.88/rescue.bin

BTW, I can change this if you think it's bad or a pain in the butt.
This is very new stuff (2.2.2 prebuilds).

Maybe you wanna use the disks-2.88 version on mounted options?