apt-cdrom not ready yet ...

Hi people,

I tried to use apt-cdrom for updating my personal machine (which I update
once a week) but it's a real disaster. Sorry to say this, but for updating
240 packages I had to switch 50 times the CD ... sometimes I had to switch
just to install one package on the third Cd and then I came back on the
first, then installed 4 from the second CD and so on ... I used apt-cdrom
from apt 0.3.14.

----
Media Change: Please insert the disc labeled 'Debian GNU_Linux potato (unofficial) binary-i386 2_3 19991112' in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter

100% [Scanning packages]
(Lecture de la base de données ... 69035 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Préparation de la mise à jour de imlib-dev 1.9.8-1 (en utilisant .../graphics/imlib-dev_1.9.8-2.deb) ...
Dépaquetage de la mise à jour de imlib-dev ...
Media Change: Please insert the disc labeled 'Debian GNU_Linux potato (unofficial) binary-i386 1_3 19991112' in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter
----

I don't know what are the criteria you're using for the ordering but it's
not ready for prime time I guess. We should try to correct this before
the freeze... tell me what I can send you in order to help you.

Some problems are caused with dependencies that are broken by the
installation of packages. For example if libgtk1.2 is installed from
the first CD, then libgtk1.2-dev will be broken on my system and apt
seems to try to correct this rapidly (instead of terminating the first
CD) and will fetch it from the second CD ...

Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>