Re: Debian CD mirror on kernel.org

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, jason andrade wrote:

> i've had some difficulty following what this thread has been
> about for the last few weeks/months.
>
> is it about having a mirror of the debian ftp archive and locally
> producing cd images (of an installable nature) from the filesystem?

This list is about everything related to Debian CD images, creation of
(un)official CDs and distribution.

One way of distribution of the official images (with the Pseudo-Image Kit)
requires the "client" to build a nearly complete image that is binary patched
to be identical to the official one. If this confuses you, read the README of
the Pseudo-Image Kit, available via cdimage.debian.org.

> i'm on the debian cd list at phil's suggestion because he indicated
> that it's most likely this list flags when new rsyncable images are
> about to be released, rather than him trying to keep track of all
> the mirror sites to let them know - i certainly don't claim to
> understand any of the cd image development work/cycle though.

At this moment, I've got e-mail adresses of most mirror sites in a manageable
"database", and I'll inform people when new images appear.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer