Re: Thoughts on potato etc.

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Jim Westveer wrote:

> On 07-Nov-99 Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> > On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> >
> >> * Some time ago, there was some discussion on this list about people
> >>   willing to burn beta-CDs and mail them to beta-testers. This seems the
> >>   right time to contact these people and have them stand by. And also to
> >>   collect some list of addresses of beta-testers.
> >
> > I still have the list right here.  I'll give them a ping to make sure they
> > are still all alive.  If I can get an idea of the number of cd's that are
> > being offered, I might also try to round up some more volunteers.  I'd
> > prefer to send the actual addresses off-list.
>
> I beleive I volunteered to burn some, for US addresses. I think I mentioned
> I would burn a "handfull" if someone (Brandon) came up with mailing addresses
> for people who would "REALLY" test them.

The list only has about 10 volunteers now (total, in and out of US), but I
can probably double or triple it with a little more effort.  Give me a
ball park and I'll round up the volunteers.  (I assume a post to -user
or -devel would easily generate 1000+ volunteers :-)

Thanks,
Brandon

    Brandon Mitchell  *  http://public.surfree.com/bmitch
  bmitch@surfree.com  *  ICQ: 30631197