Re: Creating a debian CD

"ICON ICON" <icon_icon@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I own the debian 2.0.36 installation CD and I compile and upgrade my
> kernels. The probelm is every time I need to format my HDD, I need to
> reinstall debian using this old CD, and evry time I have to reinstall
> kernels. I was wandering, What do I need to bootable debian CD for
> installation that will contain the new versions of the kernels that I
> compile?
> Thanx,
> ICON

Use the kernel-package to create a kernel-image.deb of the kernel you
want to use. Then you can install you favourite kernel via "dpkg -i
kernel-image.deb".

Another option would be to create a new rescue and drivers disk using
the bootfloppy package, buts that more work.

May the Source be with you.
                        Goswin