Re: Bug-list & Wish-list

Prabhu Ramachandran <prabhu@aero.iitm.ernet.in> writes:
> 8. While updating the packages in dselect on needs to put in the
> second CD first (multi-cd).  This information is in the README.multicd
> (I guess) but wouldnt it be nicer if the user was told to put in the
> second CD during some point of the install rather than expect the user
> to have read all the README's?  Fortunately for me my friend Arun
> helped me during the install and told me of this "insert the second CD
> first" deal.

Uh!  If you read in the dselect tutorial which is part of the Slink
installation documentation
<URL:http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/ch-dselect-main.en.html>,
the multi_cd instructions there are quite different.

It instructs there (and this jibes with my recollection) that during
the update step, you install the different CDroms of the set in
series.

It was the apt-get method, if I recall correctly, which requires the
2nd CD to be inserted.

Am I wrong?  Can you review the URL and let me know any errors in the
documentation?