yacs build/install repor

// start yacs build/install report

Humm,, yacs will not create TDIR if it does not exist.

---

when I run:

. CONF.sh
make potato_status
make list COMPLETE=1 SIZELIMIT1=576716800

The following errors/warnings are found:

Use of uninitialized value at /home/jwest/yacs/tools/list2cds line 119,
<STATUS> chunk 2135.

and a bit later::

um... : 'kernel-source-2.1.125' does not appear to be available ...
Hum... : 'checker' does not appear to be available ...
Hum... : 'egcc' does not appear to be available ...
Hum... : 'libstdc++2.9-dev' does not appear to be available ...
Hoho: pbmplus cannot be accepted, it doesn't exist ...
Hoho: libjpeg-gif cannot be accepted, it doesn't exist ...
Hum... : 'libmd5-perl' does not appear to be available ...
Hum... : 'xproc' does not appear to be available ...
Hoho: fvwm2 cannot be accepted, it doesn't exist ...
Hum... : 'fvwm2' does not appear to be available ...
...etc...etc...

I am guessing these package names were from 'master' and
are not in the potato archive.  Again understandable, and
due to slink boot-floppy info....so on we go.

Soooo  what the heck, I burned CD#1  ... went over to my
trusty pile of parts...affectionately named parts...slipped
in the CD/ROM, booted it and stepped through the (slink)
boot installation.

All well so far.

After the reboot from the hd, I answer the questions
about bla,bla, and and selected the 'standard server'
package.  When dselect comes up, I dropped out, ran
apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade.....no problems.

When apt-get completes, I ran dselect, to pick up the
remaining packages...and volia....a new installation
of potato entirely from CD/ROM #1

Not bad.  I imagine that the other pre-selected packages
that install additional programs will have their own
opportunities, but for the 'standard server' it went well.

When the spirit moves me again, I will try the apt-cdrom
method, with multiple disks...but thats another day.

// end silly report

---
I get to work, flip the excuse page over:
"Put aluminum foil on your windows, that should fix it.."
Fair enough, looks like it's gointo be a good day.
E-Mail: Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
phone   425-392-0141
fax     425-557-0660                  Date: 04-Aug-99
URL     lcs.issaquah.wa.us            Time: 07:52:47
Key fingerprint = DC 49 E8 7E 76 DD 30 2D 8D F1 B4 D8 A3 60 4C 04