Re: Making a Potato CD

Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> writes:

> On Jun 10, Jarkko Vatjus-Anttila wrote:
> > This is exactly what I want to know too. I have *all* of potato files
> > here and I have divided into two cd size images. DSelect documents say
> > that each CD need to have Packages.cd file which describes the contents
> > of the current CD so that dselect can install the packages from it. The
> > question is that how is this Packages.cd made and are there any other
> > files needed in the CD (except the packages of cource).
> >
> > I think this should be in the FAQ and if it is somewhere there then I'd
> > like someone to point out where.
>
> A CD script for unstable is still being worked on; someone reported
> here that they had hacked it to fit main on 2 CDs (at least on Intel),
> but I'm not sure if they put the patches in CVS or what...
>
> [Aside: since we've only got 10 MB of spare space on the source CDs,
> it may be time to consider at least permitting bz2'ed source
> packages.]

Sorry, I am replying to this mail so late...

There is some kind of release independence in the debian-cd script
available from cvs.debian.org. Which means they should work with
potato.

But I did not try to make complete debian-cd scripts (slink, potato
and an image do not fit onto my hd at the moment).

It is rather easy to make some update cd's from potato only cds. But
they are far from working smoothly, too.

Jens

P.S.: Please vote against Spam! At
             http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
(Sorry Europeans only)
---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37