Re: debian_cd version with potato support now in cvs.

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Jens Ritter wrote:

> On Fri, 28 May 1999, Philip Charles wrote:

> Have a look at http://www.debian.org/~elphick/ddp/cvs.html
> on how to get anonymous access.
>
> Use /cvs/debian-boot as Repository, and checkout debian-cd.
>
> > Something to do with diffs?  I will need to learn.  Any hints?
>
> I don't understand. Why are you talking about diffs?
> If you want to have some changes incorporated
> use "cvs diff -r <revision in repository> <file you changed> >file.diff"
> And send it to Steve or me or any other Debian developer who's working on
> debian-cd, as you do not seem to be a developer.
>
> > Then I will be able to start on my idiot testing and code butchering.
>
> Have a look at the README. Maybe you have to change some default settings
> in debian_cd (i.e. editing).
>
> The variables CODENAME and CODENAME_STATUS should be obvious.
> SCANPACKAGES most likely has to be dpkg-scanpackages
> (without a leading ./).
>
> Does it work when you try to generate slink CD's?
> Is there any difference to the old slink-cd script?

Thanks, I will look at this tomorrow.  I been getting copies of slink-cd
from Steve's site for the last six months and ruthlessly applying Murphy's
Law to them.

Phil.

Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
I sell Debian GNU/Linux CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz