Re: Slink-CD (Part III)

Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > then what about ZIP? It is free, it is file _archiver_ just like lha and
> > > probably already ported to Amiga...
> >
> > Well, tar should also be ported, or isn't it?
>
> Tar isn't really an option; neither AmigaOS nor TOS support pipes.

Missing pipes shouldn't be a problem since you can call gzip -d and then
tar as two calls.  If that's the only problem - assuming that both are
available for AmigaOS and TOS we should try to move into that direction.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin