Re: CDs: where are we up to?

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>OK... This is going to have to be done quickly. Like today. I'll be trying
>to build a set of test alpha images at work this afternoon, I'll forward
>the results.

>we
>image
>> >
>> > I've seen some feedback here, but not very much...
>>
>>There is new set of install disks for Debian/Alpha available, it
>>should go in the archive soon, I will send separately a new slink_cd
>>patch for Alpha. All we needed to have a bootable CDROM is now
>>implemented in this stuff, and if no annoying bug is found, they can
>>be the definitive one.

Hmmm. I'm not sure exactly which set I have, but I've got the following
errors in boot-alpha:

ARCH is alpha, we know what to do. Continuing...
Copying boot images to <root>/boot for disc 1
extract aboot(bootlx) from sable set
debugfs:  debugfs:  extracting stuff for avanti
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for xl
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for xlt
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for cabriolet
init M: unknown media type
Cannot initialize 'M:'
mcopy: File "m:linux" not found
init M: unknown media type
Cannot initialize 'M:'
mcopy: File "m:milo" not found
init M: unknown media type
Cannot initialize 'M:'
mcopy: File "m:linload.exe" not found
extracting stuff for eb66
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for eb66p
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for eb64p
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for eb164
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for pc164
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for lx164
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for sx164
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for jensen
debugfs:  debugfs:  extracting stuff for noname
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for takara
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for mikasa
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for mikasa-p
slink1/dists/stable/main/disks-alpha/current/mikasa-p/resc1440.bin: Bad
magic number in super-block while opening filesystem
debugfs:  dump: Filesystem not open
debugfs:  extracting stuff for noritake
debugfs:  debugfs:  extracting stuff for noritake-p
slink1/dists/stable/main/disks-alpha/current/noritake-p/resc1440.bin: No
such file or directory while opening filesystem
debugfs:  dump: Filesystem not open
debugfs:  extracting stuff for alcor
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for miata
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying linload.exe
extracting stuff for sable
debugfs:  debugfs:  extracting stuff for sable-g
debugfs:  debugfs:  extracting stuff for book1
debugfs:  debugfs:  extracting stuff for ruffian
Copying linux
Copying milo
Copying ldmilo.exe

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
		Oh My God! They Killed init! You Bastards!