Re: Releasing Slink (was Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes)

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

>On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>> vecho Installing Amiga files
>> lha xqf $DISKSROOT/amiga/amigainstall.lha
>> mv debian amiga
>> mv debian.info amiga.info
>> cp $DISKSROOT/amiga/* amiga
>>
>> # Needs to be executable
>> chmod a+x amiga/amiboot-5.6
>>
>> # Add .info files for amiga
>> tar -C .. -xzf $BASEDIR/cts_amiga_info.tar.gz
>> for file in `tar tzf $BASEDIR/cts_amiga_info.tar.gz`
>> do
>>         chmod a+r ../$file
>> done
>This looks good to me. Directories will hopefully not loose the X
>permission
>by this? doc, m68k-faq and m68k-tools, they come again later.

Should be OK.

>[...]
>> vecho Installing m68k FAQ and tools
>> mkdir $CDROOT/tmp
>> cd $CDROOT/tmp
>> tar xzf $BASEDIR/m68k-cd-misc.tar.gz
>> mv m68k-faq m68k-tools ..
>> mv update-kernels ../update-kernels.m68k
>> cd ..
>> rm -rf foo

>Looks nice also. I did not mention that the info files should be in the
>same directory as the files without the info extension.

I guessed as much...

>Unless the directory structure has been changed (which I do not suppose)
>it should be ok.  Well, Im ready to receice the images. What was that
>with the rsync password?

The images have taken longer than expected to prpare. By the time you get
this the m68k images will be finished on cdimage.debian.org but won't have
made it to the mirrors yet. So you'll need to go there via http, or
preferably rsync. To use rsync against cdimage, you'll need a password.

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
Also available from steve_mcintyre@geocities.com