Re: CDs: where are we up to?

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

>> >3. On Friday final images are made for each of the release architectures.
>> >   I can do i386 and source, we need volunteers for m68k, alpha and sparc.
>> >   Let us know ASAP if you can help.. Steve, you willing to do sparc still?
>> >   In theory, one person could do all of them, but in practice this just
>> >   does not work. And these need to be sanity checked before we pronounce
>> >   them ready to go.
>>
>> OK, I'll have i386 and source covered. Steve Dunham has sparc covered
>> (thanks!). M68k/alpha? Anybody? If it comes to the crunch I can _possibly_
>> do these, but I will have no way to test them.
>
>Somehow I feel you are ignoring me? Yesterday and only a few hours ago I
>sent something on behalf of the m68k people. Yeah, it was not very helpful
>maybe, I did not build any images, I only wrote what problems I see for
>m68k/Amiga. Im a bit ancious to build the images, never used slink_cd yet,
>Chris Lawrence has done that, but hes unavailable at the moment. So maybe
>we both could do something together? I should really be doing other stuff
>right now, but I do want a m68k image to be created.

OK. Apologies for missing your mail; it doesn't appear to have got to me
here at work. I'll see what I can do with your guidance.

>I want a few .info files to be included in the image and one file to be
>executable, otherwise amiga people can not start the installation
>directly from CD.

OK, which files? Send me a tar file and instructions on where to put the
contents and I'll patch slink_cd to do it for you.

>Chris has added a lot of readmes, faqs, etc, I think
>thats what you have on your web site (I have two CDs here, which he has
>burned on Feb 13th).  Do you think we could do this together or do I have
>to play with slink_cd myself?  I will be here several hours during the
>weekend, but I have to make a poster also...

I'm happy to do the stuff myself, so long as I know somebody will be able
to check them.

>We have a CD-R here at university, I might be able to burn the images (if
>its not occupied), drive home and test them also on my amiga. But I really
>dont want to start from scratch...

Fine, understood. All should be OK if you can give me the .info files you
need and some instructions. I'll build a pair of CD images tonight on
cdimage.debian.org and tell you when they're done. If you can grab them
and test them tomorrow then all should be OK.

In terms of the missing/broken packages for m68k, where are we? I'm about
to do another run for depends checking...

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,