Re: slink_cd - progress

On 3 Mar 1999, John Lapeyre wrote:

**cut

> I used the multi-cd method.  Everytime I needed a new package, I
> didn't know which disk it was on and was forced to start dselect and
> watch it read package lists, etc.  The good news is everthing worked
> in installing, no big jams and crashing dpkg , which I have
> experienced before.

I haven't tried 1.1 yet, but my experience with earlier versions I am
recommending to newbies that they stick with the pre-configured systems
which can be installed from slink1 using the single CD option.  They can
play with the multi-CD once they know what they are doing.

Phil.

Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
For Debian GNU/Linux CDs see http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~philipc