Re: Releasing Slink (was Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes)

Adam Di Carlo writes:

>It would be nice for us to get boot-floppies 2.1.9.  You brought up
>scheduling, so I'll ask:
>
> * is the fixed dpkg uploaded yet, the bug which delayed slink release?
> * on what day (for x86) should boot-floppies 2.1.9 be released?

I'd say no later than end of the day Thursday.

>The only reason I want a new boot-floppies is: (a) documentation
>updates (not really critical), (b) the new dpkg, so it matches with
>what is in the archive, and doesn't break when LANG is set, and (c)
>I'd like to see the xbase/xdm issues solved in the boot floppies.

OK, these are all resaonable requests IMHO.

>I encourage CD folks not to wait for the 2.1.9 boot-floppies, if
>waiting stands in the way of a good CD image.

Understood.

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
home page</a>                          Cthulhu - Why vote for the Lesser Evil?