Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes

Steve> To make the CDs more useful and easier to mirror, the
Steve> Packages.cd files have been slightly rearranged. Previously,
Steve> each disc in a set had the full set of Packages.cd references
Steve> for all packages on all the CDs in the set. Now, each disc only
Steve> knows about the contents of itself and any prior discs in the
Steve> set, and the source CDs now have no Packages files on them at
Steve> all:

Steve> binary CD 1 knows about main section 1 binary CD 2 knows about
Steve> main sections 1&2, contrib, optionally non-US source (3&4) are
Steve> identical for each arch, no packages files (optional) 5 knows
Steve> about main(1&2), contrib and non-free.

Steve> So if we tell the user to place the last binary CD in their
Steve> drive when starting dselect, all should work. It means we can
Steve> have a smaller set of CD images than any other scheme, which is
Steve> an important consideration.  Previously we'd have needed 5
Steve> discs per arch, now we need 10 total. OK?

Um, I think so.  Bear with me --- Here is my snippet from
'dselect-beginner.sgml' which discusses the multi_cd method.  Could
you check it for accuracy?

One more question --

	    <tag>multi_cd</tag>
	    <item>
Quite large and powerful, this complex method is the recommended way
of installing a recent version of Debian from a set of multiple binary
CDs. Each of these CDs should contains information about the packages
in itself and all prior CDs (in the file <file>Packages.cd</file>).
When you first select this method, be sure the CD-ROM you will be
using is not mounted. Place the last disk of the set in the drive and
answer the questions you are asked:
<list>
		  <item>
	CD-ROM drive location
		  <item>
	Confirmation that you are using a multi-cd set
		  <item>
	The location of the Debian distribution on the disk(s)
		  <item>
	[ Possibly ] the location(s) of the Packages file(s)
		</list>
Once you have updated the available list and selected the packages to
be installed, the multi-cd method diverges from normal procedure. You
will need to run an ``install'' step for each of the CDs you have in
turn. Unfortunately due to the limitations of dselect it will not be
able to prompt you for a new disk at each stage; the way to work for
each disk is
<list>
		  <item>
	Insert the CD in your CD-ROM drive.
		  <item>
	From the main dselect menu, select ``Install''.
		  <item>
	Wait until dpkg finishes installing from this CD (it may
	report installation successful, or possibly installation
	errors. Don't worry about these until later).
		  <item>
	Hit [Return] to go back to the main dselect menu.
		  <item>
	Repeat with the next CD in the set...
		</list>
It may be neccesary to run the installation step more than once to
cover the order of package installation - some packages installed
early may need to have later packages installed before they will
configure properly.
Running a ``Configure'' step is recommended, to help fix any packages
that may end up in this state.

	    <tag>multi_nfs, multi_mount</tag>
	    <item>
These are very similar to the multi-cd method above, and are
refinements on the theme of coping with changing media, for example if
installing off a multi-cd set exported via NFS from another machine's
CD-ROM drive.