Re: Slink release - what's left?

Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Where are we up to on non-i386 boot/installation? If we're going to
> release together, which I assume is still the plan, then we need to get
> this sorted _soon_. I know someone (Eric? Stephane?) is working on the
> sparc disks and I have some support for them now. I've seen work ongoing
> on the m68k disks, too. I've not seen much for Alpha yet, but that may be
> my fault.

Eric is working on the disks.  I think he is going to patch slink_cd
for the dual boot stuff.  (It's pretty simple, I can come up with the
patch after I know how he is naming the disk images.

I'm not sure if he will have time to finish it until this weekend.  He
is adding support to boot-floppies to handle 2.2.x kernels and install
the right kernel depending on the architecture of the Sparc kernel.

The changes to slink_cd to implement the dual booting are trivial.  I
believe that Eric is going to take care of this.  (I can do it if he
doesn't.)

Once anders X patches are in Branden's hands, the remaining issues
will be the install documentation and the gdb package.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu