Re: issues with documentation on slink cd

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Chris Lawrence wrote:

>The burn date is encoded in the .disk/info file for each CD (I freely
>admit that's not obvious).  Perhaps slink-cd should have an option [or
>just do it without an option] to dump the date and slink-cd version
>into a file in the root of each CD (say /README.cdinfo).

Already dealt with - see other mail.

>> Installation documentation should have links from doc
>
>This could be handled on the FTP site with links into
>disks-(whatever)... but the links are architecture-specific.  A
>symlink from within doc to ../install on the first CD would be
>appropriate (the m68k CDs are using "install" for the installation
>directory too), but rsync would clobber the link on each mirroring
>run.  I suppose I could jerryrig it into my mirroring script.

Right. I misunderstood Adam, I guess. I can easily set this up on each
CD, no need to do it on the mirror directly.

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------