Re: I don't think I've ever gotten Jigdo working

> You may have seen the screenshot on the jigdo homepage: I'm working on a
> proper "download manager" style jigdo application, which will hopefully
> be easier to use. But don't hold your breath, it'll take me a little
> longer...

Sounds graphical, which would not make Jigdo easier (at least for me).

> What problems did you have using jigdo-lite?

- I had to find out what Jigdo was
- I had to install Jigdo
- I had to find out how to run Jigdo
- I had to find a mirror for Jigdo files
- I had to figure out a workaround for it trying to access
  http://jigdotemplates/something.template
- I had to find a template file and download it and hope it worked
- I had to wonder if it was working
- I had to realise that when it was building the ISO file Jigdo was not
  really thinking it was finished
- I had to figure out what to do when it couldn't download some files
- I had to learn that switching mirrors should make it continue
- I had to tell it to switch mirrors
- I had to figure out what to do *then* when it couldn't download some
  files
- I had to find an Rsync mirror
- I had to find the file on the Rsync mirror using Rsync (I missed a
  directory)
- I had to run Rsync
- I had to get the md5sums
- I had to verify the MD5 sum.

All in all, I'd say it was five times more difficult than downloading an
image with Wget.

--
TomG

My contact and cryptography information:
http://web.em.ca/~tomg/contact.html