Re: [job #15092] debian 3.0r1

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 10:41:31PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
>Marcel Kunath <marcel@everythinglinux.com.au> [2003-01-09 10:54:05 +1100]:
>>
>> If a Debian guru can come up with a way to create a
>>
>> Debian 3.0r0 -> 3.0r1 Update CD
>>
>> then we are most happy to supply this disc to our Debian customers.
>
>That would be a useful thing.  I know that I would also like to have
>an update CD available.  I have a number of friends with only slow
>network access that I supply with Debian updates.  Currently that
>means burning a number of CD's for each of them.  An update would
>allow only a single CD to incrementally update them.
>
>The possibility of an update CD been discussed briefly on this list
>just recently.  I think it will eventually happen.  But from browsing
>the list archives I could not see that anyone had committed to making
>update CD images available.  But let me second you that I also think
>they would be very useful and I would like them as well.

I've got update images already made on open (aka
non-us.cdimage.debian.org) right now, and I'm currently running them
through jigdo to make downloads easier. I'll post here again as soon
as they're ready.

And Phil is also creating the official normal 3.0r1 images too. The
machine we're both using had significant hardware problems over the
holiday period, which is why things have been delayed for so long.

--
Steve McIntyre, Plasmon                       smcintyre@software.plasmon.com
"They say that you play Cambridge twice - once on the way up and once on the