Re: Final kfreebsd-10 upload before freeze?

On 31/10/14 12:29, Christoph Egger wrote:
> I think I agree rushing in a kernel update might not be the best thing
> and giving it full 10+ days of testing in unstable is a good idea

The upstream changes were IMHO only very small and I'm deferring to
their judgement that they were necessary and safe to include before
release.  It does also fix a minor security bug, hence urgency=medium

On 31/10/14 12:40, Petr Salinger wrote:
> Please do upload into unstable now,

Yes, please do that anyway Christoph, when ever you can.

I don't see any downside to it being in sid:  I think the changes are
careful enough to not get in the way of a future unblock, so isn't
likely to force some future fix to go through t-p-u instead.

Having it in sid allows users of sid and sid d-i to be already testing
or having benefit of it already.

Thanks,
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org