Re: Questions about kfreebsd, openjdk, and more.

Hi again,

> Am 09.10.2014 um 15:06 schrieb Loïc Maury:
>> I seen the task about openjdk. I tried with apt-cache search openjdk
>> and found some entry with openjdk jre and src.

OpenJDK 7 was ported already in jessie.  Java applications should be
working, hopefully.

OpenJDK 8 fails to build at the moment.  It requires a powerful machine
and lots of diskspace to build it, and perhaps C programming knowledge
to fix it:  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=openjdk-8

>> I seen other tasks to do on : http://glibc-bsd.alioth.debian.org/TODO,

That page has not been updated in a long time...

>> this is only task to do with kfreebsd, or there re anothers ?

See known bugs here:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=kfreebsd;users=debian-bsd@lists.debian.org

Some of those may be already fixed but nobody has noticed or tested yet.
 Here's an example:

  * https://bugs.debian.org/596142
If you can install gnome-system-monitor on kfreebsd-i386, confirm that
it is working now, the bug (from 4 years ago) can be closed.  There are
a few 'easy' bugs like that.

Or if a package was reported FTBFS, you can check its status at
https://buildd.debian.org/

Please mention anything you find at debian-bsd@lists.debian.org

Thanks!
Steven Chamberlain