Re: kFreeBSD future

Hi!

Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org> writes:
> christoph | there are several bugs on http://deb.li/3xpVg
> christoph | then there's lots of testing that can be done
> christoph | upgrades from wheezy; installs of jessie/sid with all kind of configuration
> christoph | there are probably some unreported build failures on https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=kfreebsd-amd64&suite=sid and the
>           | same i386 page one can report
> christoph | when reporting bugs remember to use user: debian-bsd@lists.debian.org / usertag: kfreebsd
> christoph | if you notice there's somer problem too hard for you to solve right away when squashing bugs it's a good idea to tag them
>           | debian-bsd@lists.debian.org / usertag: kfreebsd-hard
> christoph | Steven and Petr on the mailinglist may have some more ideas

christoph | I *think* there's currently no big important thing in the way
christoph | though it's probably worth looking at the new-in-jessie stuff
christoph | like the new kms-enabled vts ; kms video drivers ; virtio ; firmware loaders
christoph | and give them some stress-testing
christoph | like creating a vm with ufs/zfs filesystem on virtio and loop a gcc build in there is probably already usefull ; and report the results
christoph | or see if you can get proper kms graphics on your graphics cip
christoph | or testing vts on real hardware as well as virtualization soliutions
christoph | though I would recommend for most testing to use sid right now
christoph | as 10.1 stuff hasn't migrated to testing yet

FWIW

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer