Re: kFreeBSD future

Hi!

Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> writes:
> Have people also been asking in IRC and such?

There are still some asking from time to time

> I think I should increasingly look for easy bugs and, instead of just
> fixing them myself (because I can), I should tag them as 'gift' for
> someone else to work on, get some experience and have fun.  We should
> maintain a list of these to point people at?

christoph | there are several bugs on http://deb.li/3xpVg
christoph | then there's lots of testing that can be done
christoph | upgrades from wheezy; installs of jessie/sid with all kind of configuration
christoph | there are probably some unreported build failures on https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=kfreebsd-amd64&suite=sid and the
          | same i386 page one can report
christoph | when reporting bugs remember to use user: debian-bsd@lists.debian.org / usertag: kfreebsd
christoph | if you notice there's somer problem too hard for you to solve right away when squashing bugs it's a good idea to tag them
          | debian-bsd@lists.debian.org / usertag: kfreebsd-hard
christoph | Steven and Petr on the mailinglist may have some more ideas

FWIW the idea to ask people to tag difficult bugs as hard comes from
Andreas Barth. We should probably also update the documentation on

  http://glibc-bsd.alioth.debian.org/

There's some porting-documentation we should check if it is still
up-to-date and there's a TODO that's most definitely outdated

  Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer