Re: Did we break update-grub?

Hi Christoph,

On 06/10/14 21:48, Christoph Egger wrote:
> I'd still set a breaks on lower grub-pc on the next kernel update or
> something like that.

I completely forgot, but I had already done this!  In
debian/control.flavor.in:
| Breaks:
| # ZFS metadata now compressed with LZ4 by default;  requires recent GRUB
|  grub-common (<< 2.02~) [kfreebsd-any],

although I forgot to tell you, when uploading the package, that the
control file needed to be regenerated.  So the last upload did not have
that change.

But I no longer think it was a good idea to add a Breaks, until the
newer grub-pc is available in jessie.  Otherwise d-i doing a jessie
install after 10.1 migrates, would fail to install a bootloader at all.
 So, I'll remove it for now in SVN;  I'll maybe add it back after
grub-pc >= 2.02~ migrates.

The other missing debian/control file changes do not warrant a new
upload yet;  we can let kfreebsd 10.1 migrate first.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org