Re: my experience with i915kms, newcons and k-11

Hi Bruno,

On 23/02/2014 14:44, brunomaximom@openmailbox.org wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I have feedback to you about my almost-test with i915kms on kfreebsd-11.
> I follow the instruction:
> kldload drm2
> kldload i915kms

With latest kfreebsd-11 manual "kldload drm2" shouldn't be required anymore, just
"kldload i915kms". Does this work for you too?

> startx (here i have gnome shell installed, the X starts fine but I got a "Oops[...]" message from Gnome"

GNOME is a lost cause I'm afraid :-(

> then I return to tty1 and kill startx, and /etc/init.d/lightdm start, it works!!!!

Did you try VT switching after X has started? It should work with zero delay (no mode
switch).

> but, any input (mouse, touchpad, keyboard) doesn't work, so I can't log in.
> This is happening with you guys or just me? Any idea?

This is most likely HAL-induced breakage. My devd patch should fix it, but I find
it a bit scary that it completely broke keyboard/mouse for you. Does this happen
every time for you, or just in this situation?