Re: Bits from the Release Team: Architecture health check

On 12/02/14 20:06, Niels Thykier wrote:
> kFreeBSD is just shy of 90%, whereas most other release architectures
> are at 96%[1].  Here kFreeBSD has increased in the past quarter from
> ~89.5% to "almost, but not quite 90%".

I'm a little puzzled you mention this as a problem because...

> Here we need you to assess what can you reasonably support.  Once we
> know that we can look at the consequences and how to deal with them.

if we decide some packages can't be supported any more, I assume some
would become linux-any and thus the number of built packages would fall?
 So these seem like conflicting goals.

I fully agree with the latter point though, I see value in having a plan
for what to support, and probably free some packages of an obligation to
either build, be installable or functional kfreebsd if it no longer
makes sense.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org