Re: Call for testers: X with devd backend

Hi!

Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org> writes:
> On 01/02/2014 01:44, Robert Millan wrote:
>>
>> This patch makes X use devd for keyboard/mouse detection instead of HAL.
>>
>> It is based on code obtained from FreeBSD Ports collection, with some bugfixes.
>>
> Btw after this switch, #736765 is no longer reproducible.

Just tried it on my notebook. Seems plugging in devices works just fine
with this patch. However after removing the USB keyboard again I
couldn't type on the notebook's builtin keyboard any more (not sure it
worked before didn't think of testing that)!

  Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer