Problem with installing kfreebsd from usb stick

Hi guys,

I wanted to try out debian gnu/kfreebsd by installing it from a usb stick, so i downloaded testing and wheezy in dvd versions, and used dd to copy it (with no other options except if and of). I tried /dev/sdx and /dev/sdxn but both do not work. This procedure normally works for debian linux, freebbsd, pcbsd and all others (so I know it's not  boot options problem etc), and I did check hash sums (all images were downloaded correctly). Any suggestions on how to use usb to install kfreebsd (I'd like to avoid using dvd)?

Hugs,
Bozidar Paun