Re: IPSEC

On Dec 14, 2013, at 11:28 , Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:

> Hi arch@,
>
> The question below has been unanswered since Sat, Sep 14, 2013.
>
> Are there any known concerns with enabling IPSEC?  Is there any reason
> to not do so in GENERIC?

Certainly there is always a risk of reduced stability when you mix more code into the
system.  I do not know, off hand, of any bugs that would prevent us from turning this
on in GENERIC.  It would be nice to know what kind of user/customer demand
you’re seeing so we could evaluate whether or not we should turn IPSec on by
default in GENERIC in the base FreeBSD.

Best,
George