Re: Installing Wheezy as guest fails

On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 18:26 +0100, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> I recommend at least a netinst image (157M, and includes kernels 8.3
> and 9.0 I think) :  http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

Thank you Steven,

"Partition disks" warned

"Could not get identity of device /dev/ada0 - Inappropriate ioctl for
device"

I continued by using the provided option "Ignore". The HDD is a
VBox.vdi. After some confusion, with some "go back"s it was provided to
partition, but just unneeded FS were provided:

Ext2
FAT16
FAT32
swap area

_no others_

I don't know how to set up a root file system. The German installation
manual from 2013 doesn't help me. I'm a Linux user for around 10 years
and I also installed a "real"¹ FreeBSD install on my machine, so I'm not
absolutely clueless how to install a FreeBSD. ¹"real" = not Debian's
FreeBSD, but FreeBSD and on a real, not on a virtual machine.

I chose "Default install (using kernel of FreeBSD 9).

Regards,
Ralf