Re: Fwd: radeonkmsfw_VERDE_pfp

On 30/09/13 13:09, Bruno Melo wrote:
> apparently the firmware radeonkmsfw_VERDE_pfp is missing, I have
> installed firmware-linux-nonfree and the problem persists. any idea?

I don't think FreeBSD can load firmware/microcode directly from a file
on disk.  It probably must be compiled into a kernel module.  I'm not
sure how to do this - probably it is an idea to look in upstream binary
tarballs.

There is a VERDE_pfp firmware blob in the upstream source but Debian
probably does not distribute it:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/contrib/dev/drm2/radeonkmsfw/

I have a new Radeon card and will probably test this new driver myself
in the next few days.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org