Re: freebsd 9.2 final release

On 27/09/13 20:16, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> It's not final until there is an official announcement.
> Releases have had to be re-rolled at this stage, in the past.

Yes, the 9.0 release was respun very late, after some people noticed it
on on FTP mirrors and already downloaded it, although it didn't change
anything in the kernel, fortunately:

* http://www.freebsd.org/releases/9.0R/announce.html - see the NOTE
under 'Availability' subheading
* http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=229305 I think

Question mostly aimed at Robert:  if a 9.2-1 package is uploaded to sid
already, I suppose we could still cherry-pick any changes in a 9.2-2
upload, if anything actually does change before the official release?

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org