Re: Bug#628493: perl: FTBFS on kfreebsd-i386: t/op/threads failed
- To: Petr Salinger <Petr.Salinger@seznam.cz>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#628493: perl: FTBFS on kfreebsd-i386: t/op/threads failed
- From: Dominic Hargreaves <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 22:41:54 +0100
- Message-id: <20130907214154.GX19203@urchin.earth.li>
- In-reply-to: <alpine.LRH.email@example.com>
- References: <20110529150148.GD5263@urchin.earth.li> <20110802133138.GA10651@madeleine.local.invalid> <20110804084827.GA21961@madeleine.local.invalid> <alpine.LRH.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110910184138.GA15125@madeleine.local.invalid> <20120610221835.GD5397@urchin.earth.li> <4FD52891.email@example.com> <alpine.LRH.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 07:03:57AM +0200, Petr Salinger wrote:
> >I just bisected on past eglibc versions and this is reproducible for me
> >(segfault 5% of the time) on kfreebsd-i386, up until this version, with
> >which I can't reproduce the problem any more (10,000+ test runs) :
> >> eglibc (2.13-22) unstable; urgency=low
> >> -- Aurelien Jarno <email@example.com> Sat, 10 Dec 2011 21:49:03 +0100
> >The changelog for that version was quite long, but probably these
> >changes are what fixed this:
> >> [ Petr Salinger ]
> >> * kfreebsd/local-sysdeps.diff: update to revision 3763 (from glibc-bsd).
> >> * add kfreebsd/local-use-thr-primitives.diff to use kernel thr*
> >> primitives inside linuxthreads. Closes: #639658.
> >Therefore I'm marking this as fixed in that eglibc upload and I'll try
> >to let upstream know. Thanks!
> IMO, my suggested change (Perl_atfork_reinit) in "Message #54" 
> still should be aplied by perl upstream. While it might not be
> problem for this testcase, the unlocking in forked child is fragile.
I finally (!) got round to submitting this upstream, at , and the
comment so far is that the patch isn't appropriate. If you have any
further thoughts, could you comment on the upstream RT ticket?