Re: kfreebsd-8

On 23/08/2013 14:16, Robert Millan wrote:
> On 23/08/2013 11:13, Petr Salinger wrote:
>>> Is there any point in keeping kfreebsd-8 in sid?
>>> Just wondering if it's worth the extra work.
>>
>> I am in favour of removal from sid.
>
> Me too. What do you think about the "dual kernel" magic in D-I? I'm
> thinking that perhaps, rather than removing it, we could use it for
> kfreebsd-10. There's a chance kfreebsd-10 can be useful in some
> situations due to hardware support etc.
>
> In any case, let's wait a few days first... I'd like to see what Steven
> and Christoph think about removal.

Given that there was no objection, I'd like to request removal, but
first I need to know what to do about D-I.

If we proceed with my proposal, I'd upload kfreebsd-10 to sid before
anything else.

Again, if I don't hear anyone against this, I'll go ahead and:

- Upload kfreebsd-10 (with abiname=0) to sid.
- Make D-I a kfreebsd-9 / kfreebsd-10 dual boot.
- Request removal of kfreebsd-8.