Re: 9.2-RC2

Hi,

On 17/08/13 20:07, Robert Millan wrote:
> If nothing happens, kFreeBSD 9.2-RC1 will migrate to testing tomorrow.
> In order to avoid preventing this migration, I plan on uploading 9.2-RC2
> right afterwards.

That does seem reasonable and I'm happy for you to do that...

But the release notes[0] for 9.2-RC2 mention some known issues in RC1
(presumably introduced since 9.1).  If 9.2-RC1 is allowed to migrate,
there is a chance some users of 'testing' could run into these problems.
 The worst of them could result in a non-bootable system needing repair
by hand.  If the risk seems serious enough you may want to consider an
upload of 9.2-RC2 without allowing time for RC1 to migrate.

Either way, you could maybe upload 9.2-RC2 with priority=medium, since
RC1 had 10 days in sid, and upstream only makes careful regression fixes
at this stage.

[0]:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2013-August/074756.html
>     o Fix a boot issue caused by some GPT partitioning tools.
>     o Fix a regression that caused some PCI disk controllers
>       disappearing during boot.
>     o Disable MSIs with Adaptec 2230S and 2820SA (aac(4)).
>     o Fix panics caused by early interrupts in igb(4).
>     o Fix panics when downing or unloading the mlx(4) driver.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org